Or it might be something. She literally said this to us. “It might be nothing. Or it might be something.”
So my option is MRI or needle biopsy. I asked her for her preference, she said it could go either way. Needle biopsy only checks that one spot, so other things might be missed. MRI could show more stuff that might potentially be benign but end up requiring further investigation to find out such. As in, false positives.
I had so hoped to hear “Enh, it’s nuthin’. Nice to meet you. Off you go!” I guess they really don’t do that these days.
So now I wait to hear from their scheduler to set up the MRI. And of course, she’s out today. If I don’t hear from her by mid-afternoon tomorrow, I’ll call the office.
I’m not keen on MRIs. The last one I had, I was in the emergency room, and I got ativan both in pill form and intravenously to help with the anxiety. This time the doctor prescribed valium–two pills, one an hour before, the other when I get there if needed–in case I feel I need it. I’m not sure I’d be able to take it. The doctor said the MRI for breasts is different than a regular MRI, in that you are lying on your stomach and your boobs hang through the table. WTH.
So I didn’t get what I had hoped for. And for the moment, what I have is more waiting.
And our a/c froze up again yesterday morning (refrigerant leak that no one can find which means for the past 3+ years we’ve had to recharge our system 2x each summer), so I had to sleep in the family room on the couch. Upstairs felt like outside (90 degree heat index yesterday all day) and I couldn’t breathe just going up there to brush my teeth and change my clothes. The couch was pretty horrendous, so I barely slept. Yet another HVAC company came out to try to seal the system and recharge it again. And they put dye into the system in case the sealant doesn’t work. More $$ out the damn door on this stupid HVAC system.